ProMusa has set up a mailing list to circulate messages and announcements to its members, and to facilitate communication and discussion between the members. The ProMusa mailing list reaches all ProMusa members.
ProMusa mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mailing list is for ProMusa members only. For more information, or to become a member, contact the ProMusa secretariat (email@example.com).
The ProMusa mailing list can be used: (i) to announce meetings, seminars and conferences related to banana; (ii) to inform members of new banana publications and policies; (iii) to inform members of ongoing research on banana, achievements and results; (iv) to function as a forum for the exchange of questions and answers, discussions and brainstorming regarding issues related to banana; (v) to request assistance in locating additional relevant information; (vi) to share information about new funding opportunities, calls for proposals etc.
As with any community, there are certain rules and etiquette governing behavior on the ProMusa mailing list to ensure an inviting and friendly online community. Lively and candid exchanges are encouraged; however, by joining and using the ProMusa mailing list, you agree to observe the rules and etiquette as outlined below.
- Only post messages on banana, research on banana, or information that is relevant for topical discussions on banana research issues; and stay on topic during follow-up discussions.
- Do not engage in, contribute to, or perpetuate messages that attack others, or that may offend members of particular racial, ethnic, religious and/or gender groups. The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation—not to create contention. By using the mailing list, you agree to be courteous toward other users and respectful of their views and opinions. All subscribers will treat each other professionally in all messages sent through the ProMusa mailing list. Use of defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, or offensive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not send personal, commercial, or self-promotional postings.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, you grant ProMusa and users of the mailing list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- You may not use the listserver as a means of obtaining email addresses or contact information in connection with the sending of third-party emails, whether commercial in nature or not.
The ProMusa Listserver may not be used for surveys or polls without the express permission of ProMusa.
ProMusa and Bioversity, which provides the secretariat to ProMusa, are not responsible for the opinions and information posted on the mailing list by others. ProMusa monitors the mailing list to ensure adherence to the Rules of Conduct, but does not prescreen postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting(s) are brought to ProMusa’s attention, the ProMusa Steering Committee, at its sole discretion, may take any and all appropriate action.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Try to keep the signature brief. Make sure it includes at least your name and affiliation, but remove any marketing or promotional statements that may be in the signature.
- Make the subject line meaningful and useful, so that others on the list can judge right away if the message interests them.
- Using the “Reply All” button in your e-mail application will automatically send your response to the entire list. Only send a message to the entire list if it benefits everyone. Direct messages intended for one or a few members only, such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too", to the intended individuals—not to the entire list. To reply directly to a member of the list, click “Reply” (not “Reply all”) or “Forward” the e-mail and copy/paste or type his or her e-mail address into the "To" line.
- When generating a reply to a personal response, do not forward the personal response or part of it to the list without first obtaining permission from the sender.
- Sending a message in all capital letters (UPPERCASE) is considered shouting. Be aware that, besides being difficult to read, this can be offensive.
Do not send administrative messages (e.g. unsubscribe requests, questions regarding ProMusa membership, etc) to the mailing list. Instead, contact the ProMusa secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the list administrator (email@example.com).
We hope that you will find the mailing list useful and encourage you to take advantage of it to communicate with your peers.
Last updated 24 May 2018