The Steering Committee provides direction and oversight to the ProMusa network.
It is composed of:
The networks’ representatives are nominated by their peers. All steering committee members — except for the ProMusa Coordinator, who is a Bioversity International staff member — serve terms of 4 years. Incumbents can serve more than one term.
The roles and responsibilities of the Steering Committee members include:
- participate in committee meetings;
- encourage interactions between ProMusa members;
- provide advice and support to network activities (such as the organization of symposia);
- contribute to ProMusa knowledge-sharing activities;
- represent ProMusa in relevant banana meetings;
- and help identify funding opportunities for ProMusa activities.