Biosecurity Queenland announced that it has developed a system of certification for TR4-infested farms that meet the requirements for interstate and intrastate quarantine purposes (Inspection of bananas for freedom of soil and plant material). The system allows accredited businesses to certify their fruit consignments without putting the wider industry at risk. Accredited farms will be visited by biosecurity officers to audit the fruit inspection process and ensure that biosecurity requirements are being met.
- Fruit certification for TR4-infested farms in Australia
- Third case of TR4 in Queensland, Australia
- Evaluation of TR4-resistant genetically modified Cavendish banana plants
- Second TR4 incursion in Australia's Tully Valley
- TR4 as a driver of agroecological approaches in banana production