A vegetative compatibility test confirmed the presence of TR4 on a banana farm in Australia's Tully Valley, the second such confirmation since March 2015. Earlier this month, Biosecurity Queensland had acted swiftly by issuing a biosecurity notice while waiting for confirmation. It was later revealed that the samples came from Australia's largest banana grower, who has indicated that production will continue despite the added costs on operation. The farm's spokesperson is confident that the incursion can be contained.
Addendum: A new case was confirmed on the same farm in July 2018.
- Managing risks on TR4 affected lands and other biosecurity news from Australia
- Independent review of Biosecurity Queensland's TR4 programme
- Fruit certification for TR4-infested farms in Australia
- Third case of TR4 in Queensland, Australia
- Evaluation of TR4-resistant genetically modified Cavendish banana plants