A vegetative compatibility test confirmed the presence of TR4 on a banana farm in Australia's Tully Valley, the second such confirmation since March 2015. Earlier this month, Biosecurity Queensland had acted swiftly by issuing a biosecurity notice while waiting for confirmation. It was later revealed that the samples came from Australia's largest banana grower, who has indicated that production will continue despite the added costs on operation. The farm's spokesperson is confident that the incursion can be contained.
- Second TR4 incursion in Australia's Tully Valley
- TR4 as a driver of agroecological approaches in banana production
- Unprecedented banana farm buy-out
- Australia's TR4 incursion one year on
- Social and psychological impacts of the TR4 incursion in Queensland, Australia